What: Assisting in preparation, cooking, packing of meals & clean up
Where: Community Catering, Ballybane Industrial estate
When: Once a week from 9.30-1.30 on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday
The kitchen Assistant Volunteer, will work closely under the direction of the chef, assisting with food preparation, packaging of meals, cleaning & wash up as required..
General duties and responsibilities
- Assist the chef in preparation, cooking, packing, labelling and storage of meals for delivery.
- Assisting with cleaning & wash up of all food preparation areas.
- To ensure recipients of Meals and all staff and volunteers are treated with dignity and respect at all times.
- Adhere to COPE Galway Code of conduct & volunteer policy.
- Ensure that all referrals, queries and comments, suggestions or feedback regarding our meals service are appropriately forwarded to the chef or co-ordinator.
- Participate in appropriate training programmes as required.
- Strict work practice to ensure consistent compliance with policies and procedures.
- To work with the team to ensure all Health & Safety processes are rigorously followed.
- Be capable of working on own initiative and be organised in one‚Äôs approach to work.
- Enthusiastic, approachable, communicative and flexible.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Have an appreciation and empathy for the needs of the clients.
- A willingness to undertake training as required
- Respect protective clothing and equipment provided for securing the safety, health or welfare of persons arising out of work activities
- Report to management, without delay, any defects in the workplace, plant, equipment or systems of work, which may lead to danger.
- Ensure that you regularly review and proactively inform yourself of all health and safety and fire safety procedures on an ongoing basis.
- Be proactive in the area of self care with regard to identifying any impacts of the work
- Maintain absolute confidentiality regarding all matters relating to the activities, employees and clients of Cope Galway