What: Assisting in preparation, cooking, packing of meals & clean up
Where: Community Catering, Ballybane Industrial estate
When: Once a week from 9.30-1.30 on Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday
The kitchen Volunteer, will work closely under the direction of the chef, assisting with food preparation, packaging of meals, cleaning & wash up as required..
General duties and responsibilities
- Assist the chef in preparation, cooking, packing, labelling and storage of meals for delivery.
- Assisting with cleaning & wash up of all food preparation areas.
- To ensure recipients of Meals and all staff and volunteers are treated with dignity and respect at all times.
- Adhere to COPE Galway Code of conduct & volunteer policy.
- Ensure that all referrals, queries and comments, suggestions or feedback regarding our meals service are appropriately forwarded to the chef or co-ordinator.
- Participate in appropriate training programmes as required.
- Strict work practice to ensure consistent compliance with policies and procedures.
- To work with the team to ensure all Health & Safety processes are rigorously followed.
- Be capable of working on own initiative and be organised in one‚Äôs approach to work.
- Enthusiastic, approachable, communicative and flexible.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Have an appreciation and empathy for the needs of the clients.
- A willingness to undertake training as required
- Respect protective clothing and equipment provided for securing the safety, health or welfare of persons arising out of work activities
- Report to management, without delay, any defects in the workplace, plant, equipment or systems of work, which may lead to danger.
- Ensure that you regularly review and proactively inform yourself of all health and safety and fire safety procedures on an ongoing basis.
- Be proactive in the area of self care with regard to identifying any impacts of the work
- Maintain absolute confidentiality regarding all matters relating to the activities, employees and clients of Cope Galway
The duties outlined in this job description may be subject to review in the future.
Garda clearance is required for this role.