Closing Date 17th May
The Manager of COPE Galway Domestic Violence Services is responsible for the ongoing management and further development of the range of services and responses of the organisation to the needs of women and their children who experience domestic violence.
COPE Galway’s Domestic Violence services are at an important stage of their development, planning for a move to new premises in 2018. This will see a 50% increase and improvement in refuge spaces from six bedsit type units to nine self-contained accommodation units, a dedicated work area for the outreach service and new and expanded facilities for children.
A detailed job description and person specification is available but requirements include:
- Oversee the delivery and further development of the services focused on addressing the needs of the women and their children availing of these services, prioritising their safety in all planning and interventions
- Lead and manage the staff team in the delivery and development of services in accordance with the vision, mission and strategic direction of the service and the organisation.
- Manage COPE Galway Domestic Violence Services - the Refuge, Outreach and Childcare services – in accordance with the relevant service specific and organisational policies and procedures ensuring that the needs of the women and their children availing of these services are addressed
- Contribute to defining and continually reviewing the role of the service to ensure effective delivery, in line with best practice
- Maintain an overview of the changing needs of clients and bring forward service development proposals to help address these as appropriate
- Maintain and further develop interagency co-operation and understanding of domestic violence.
Terms & Conditions:
Hours: 39 hours per week
Garda Clearance is required for the position
COPE Galway, Calbro House, Tuam Road, Galway
COPE Galway is an Equal Opportunities employer
- Published in Careers